Every time, we find more and more people buying or selling second hand clothes, and you know what? Not only can you find great pieces, but it is a very good way to save and be sustainable. Today we tell you what are the advantages and things you should consider before buying.
The advantages of buying second hand clothes
There are many advantages when buying second hand clothes, but in general, we could say that they are the following:
- Affordable prices: Obviously, the pieces that are sold have prices with big discounts and that makes you save a few euros.
- Extra income: The great advantage of buying in second hand stores is that, you can also put on sale those products or garments that you no longer use, in addition to giving them a second life you will get extra money.
- Reuse and recycle: Thanks to giving a second life to the products or clothes that you no longer use you help that these do not become waste.
- Unique garments: The essence of thrift stores is that each piece or garment is hard to find and that makes them special.
Even so, you must take into account certain aspects:
- Quality of the garments or objects: whenever you go to buy a garment or object you should carefully read the description and ask for pictures to make sure they are in perfect condition.
- Variety of products: when trying to buy second hand clothes, you should know that you will probably spend hours to find the piece you want because the variety of products is sometimes limited or there is little supply.
Now that you know the pros and the aspects to take into account before making a second-hand purchase, we are going to introduce you to the best platforms to buy or sell second-hand items.
5 apps to become an expert in second-hand shopping
Online shopping has increased, in fact, according to the results of the VII Annual Study of eCommerce in Spain 2020, 72% of the Spanish population between 16 and 70 years old uses the Internet as a shopping channel.
As you may well know, all the best-known physical stores in the fashion world have eCommerce and although second-hand clothes shopping has been growing, sometimes it can be difficult to know where to buy, for this reason we are going to share 5 applications specialized in second-hand products:
Applications specialized in second hand clothing
- Vinted: If you are looking for second hand clothing and accessories, you will like Vinted. It is a simple, intuitive and best of all, international app. In it you will find very chic clothing and accessories at prices that will leave you speechless. In addition to buying, you can also sell your products that you no longer use, you can sell them separately, offer discounted packages or even accept exchanges.
- Micolet:It is a platform very similar to Vinted but with a slightly different operation. Micolet is characterized by the fact that products are sold in packages of several items. How does it work? Simply, the user sends his package with the garments he wants to sell, and the Micolet team is in charge of making the valuation to later sell them and send them to the buyer. Micolet performs the entire sales process and in return you get a percentage of what they earn with your package.
- Vestiaire Collective:This is an application specialized in selling clothes of the big luxury brands. If you want to invest in a good closet with brands like Gucci, Dior, Ralph Lauren or Chanel, this is your app.
Second-hand applications, all in one.
- Wallapop: We are talking about the leading online platform for buying and selling second-hand products in Spain. Here you will find a wide variety of products that we are sure you will love, from technology products, through clothing items and even going as far as buying and selling cars.
- Milanuncios:We are sure that when you hear “second hand products” Milanuncios comes to your mind, and it is that it is one of the best known second hand platforms. On it, you will find a wide variety of items in the form of ads, from cars and motorcycles, even job offers!
Now that you know a little more about the world of second-hand products, give it a try! Remember that you can make your purchases online using your Shasta Card, easily, instantly and securely.
If you want to know more interesting things about personal finance or ways to save, don’t miss our blog.
Follow us on our social networks to find out the latest news.