1. Cryptocurrencies are digital currencies
These are digital currencies that were created as a means of digital exchange. This type of digital currency has been on the rise and more and more companies are starting to accept payments with cryptocurrencies. We find different types of cryptocurrency, but the first digital currency that was created was the famous Bitcoin.
2. Cryptocurrencies do not depend on the governmentThe great feature of cryptocurrencies that makes them attractive is that they do not depend on governments, ownership is based mainly on user names, which allows for greater privacy. In addition, digital currencies are associated with mathematical algorithms that guarantee the security of transfers.
3. There are different cryptocurrencies
There are different types of cryptocurrencies, as we have mentioned above, it all started with Bitcoin but then new ones were incorporated such as: Ripple, Litecoin, Dashcoin o Ethereum.
4. You can use them to make payments
Yes, although its use is still limited, there are already some companies that accept this type of digital currency. For example, on the website of Bitcoin they mention some merchants that accept cryptocurrency payments.
5. The level of fluctuation is very highApart from their security system, cryptocurrencies are also characterised by a very high fluctuation of their value. You may be wondering why, well, the value of a cryptocurrency depends on its use, i.e. on supply and demand. Some of the peaks that have occurred with cryptocurrencies are due to investments made by large companies.
If you want to invest in cryptocurrencies, we advise you to take all these points into account. We leave you with some interesting publications for more information, such as the article by Antes de invertir en criptomonedas.
If you want to continue learning about finance and economics, follow us on our social networks to be the first to know about our latest articles from the blog.